We are experiencing uncertain times in a global health crisis. If you are already staying with us at Coco Bay Resort, rest assured that your health and safety is paramount and there are ways you can enjoy your stay safely in Noosa during these Covid-19 times.
We’ve shared some of our ideas on how you can enjoy your stay in Noosa while respecting our nation’s call for everyone to do the right thing – to stay home, to avoid contact with others and to stop the spread of this virus. We all want things to return to normal as soon as possible, and the only way we’ll do this is to flatten the curve and save as many lives as possible.
Due to the Australian Government’s advice to restrict all non-essential travel, we wrote this article to support those guests who are already here with us, those who are required to travel or those with a long-stay booking and will be following self-isolation requirements. Follow the Australian Government updates on COVID-19.
You can also read our update in response to COVID-19 and what we’re doing to ensure your health and safety. If you have any questions or concerns, please pop in to see us at Reception or phone us on 5449 0200.
So here’s our tips on staying safely in Noosa.
If you have returned from overseas travel or think you have been in contact with someone who has, you need to self-isolate for 14 days. Please advise Reception if this is the case.
If you don’t have to self-isolate, you should consider staying in as much as possible anyway – no one wants to be responsible for adding another person to the case tally! Fortunately, our Villas are spacious, fully self-contained and are just like your home away from home. So take the time to hang out, and use this time to unwind.
Not everyone needs to self-isolate at this stage, but it’s socially responsible to avoid contact with others as much as possible. Social distancing is one way to help slow the spread of COVID-19. This includes staying in-room and keeping a distance of 1.5 metres between you and other people whenever possible:
- Minimise physical contact with others
- Stay clear from people at higher risk or compromised immune systems
- Pay with card where possible or provide the exact amount of cash
- Keep your distance in common areas of the resort, including the pool area
Soak in nature’s Vitamin-D
Strong immune systems are our body’s best fighter. The morning sun provides the most natural source of Vitamin D so enjoy a sensible dose each day.
- Exercise daily outside when possible
- Enjoy a morning walk along the Noosa River while maintaining 1.5m from others
- Enjoy the resort pool while being respectful of people’s distance
Eat healthy food
It’s important we feed our bodies fresh, healthy food to maintain our strong immune systems. Your Coco Bay Villa is fully self-contained and fitted with a fully functioning kitchen to have everything you need to cook meals while you stay.
We have some wonderful greengrocers who provide fresh, seasonal and local produce. Ask us where to shop as we know the secret places that still have plenty of stock on their shelves. The Noosa Village Shopping Centre is a 10 minute walk from Coco Bay Resort and the Noosa Farmers Market is open every Sunday morning. The markets are a local favourite providing a great option to pick up organic produce as well as healthy lime drinks, fresh seafood, baked bread, and delicious cheeses.
Many of Noosa’s restaurants and cafes are offering fantastic takeaway menus of restaurant quality meals with safe ‘pick-up outside’ options and some offering delivery.
You could easily start your day without going anywhere, order a healthy acai bowl from Acai Nation Noosa through Uber Eats and do some stretches out on the lawn!
Or if you’re up for a walk, we’ve listed just a few restaurants in our immediate area from Coco Bay Resort to help you find your way. Please visit their social media pages or website for menu options and phone in your orders.
- Thomas Corner Eatery – 13min walk or delivery
- Thai Square Noosa (next door)
- Café Grind
- Flux Lounge
- Maisies Seafood & Steakhouse (drive through option)
- Madmegs + Co (collect side of building)
And as the sun goes down, Tourism Noosa has the right tips on where you can source drive through and pick up local craft brews.
More Noosa Restaurants are open for takeaway that aren’t listed here so if you have a favourite be sure to phone and ask if they deliver!
Stop the spread with good hygiene
Everyone can help stop the spread of the virus by practicing good hygiene.
- Wash your hands frequently and thoroughly with soap
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with your elbow and put tissues in the bin
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth after coming into contact with common surfaces or being in public
- Keep fresh air flowing through your Coco Bay Villa by opening windows and doors
- Clean and disinfect surface areas frequently inside your Villa, including benchtops, desks, doorknobs and cupboard handles.
- Clean and disinfect frequently used objects such as your mobile phone, car keys, wallet and room key.
Review the most up to date Hygiene advice from the Australian Government.
If you have any questions about your stay with us, if you need assistance or if you think you are developing symptoms, please don’t hesitate to contact us immediately.